Saturday, August 27, 2011

when should I list?


Should I list now? This has been the question that many people have been asking me, my answer is yes. Not because I want your listing but because there isn't the furry out there, that there is in the spring. And, yes if I have your listing I will do everything within my power to make it beat out the competition on the market. It is also a good time to list because there is less competition. In the last 3 months there were over 400 sales which still indicates it's a Buyers’ market. However, your home might be what a particular Buyer is looking for. Remember Location, price and how the home shows up against the other competition is what will get it sold. As far as location, there is not much you can do about that but there are Buyers who are looking in a particular location and they will not look anywhere else. Price, any home will sell especially if it is priced right, many Sellers have said "well I won't give it away". You as the Seller should have a market comparison to compare your house to the other competition and then price it fairly so you can attract the Droves of Buyers out there. Now I will tell you that there are approximately 1900 houses for sale in the general Kamloops area, seems like a lot, but if I have Buyers that are looking for something that they can't find right now with that many listings on our boards, this means that there are still homes out there that aren't listed, that may meet the Buyers requirements. How well your home shows against the other competition is up to you as the Seller, some things to consider: de-cluttering, painting, and freshening the landscaping will make your house shine like a new penny and catch that ever elusive Buyer. It doesn't matter how old your home is, it is how well it shows off against the other competition.

Posted by Patricia Love on August 27, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment